Festive Fare: Easy Christmas parfait
( SERVES 8 )
A festive ice cream dessert that uses Christmas mince and meringues.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4||Eggs, whites (at room temperature)|
|12||Meringues, store-bought, crumbled|
|400 g||Fruit mince, christmas mix|
|2 punnets||Strawberries, diced|
|1 to taste||Fresh mint, leaves|
|1 to taste||Icing sugar, optional|
- Line a 20cm spring-form pan with plastic wrap, or use a 10” x 12” x 3” baking tray. Place the pan or tray in the freezer.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape.
- In a very clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with the salt until soft peaks form, then slowly add the sugar, beating until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture into the cream with 3/4 of the meringue.
- Spoon half the mixture into the prepared pan and top with half of the fruit mince.
- Add the remaining cream mixture, then smooth the remaining fruit mince on top. Scatter over the remaining meringue and freeze for 4 hours until firm.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 8 slices. Scatter with strawberries and mint, drizzle with honey and dust with icing sugar.
Cook's tip: Cut the cost of store-bought meringues by making them yourself.