Fresh plum and ginger puddings
This simple twist on traditional plum pudding tastes fresher and is a lot lighter than the original, and can be made a day or two ahead.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degC.
- Spray eight large ramekins or muffin tins with baking spray.
- Add a heaped teaspoon of strawberry jam and a slice of plum to each.
- Place the dry pudding ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Cut the butter into small cubes, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Switch on the mixer and process until a crumble-like texture is reached.
- Whisk the treacle, eggs and milk together, then add them to the mixing bowl and gently beat to form a thick batter.
- Spoon in enough pudding mix to just about fill each ramekin, then bake for 40-45 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Serve warm, turned out onto plates, with custard or whipped cream.