Cherry almond crumble
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|120 g||Plain flour|
|85 g||Butter, cut into cubes|
|4 tbsp||Caster sugar, golden|
|4 tbsp||Ground almonds|
|1 tbsp||Almond flakes|
- Set the oven at 180 degC. Rinse, stalk and stone the cherries, then put them in a pan with the water and sugar. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the cornflour in a small cup or bowl and stir in 2 Tbsp of the juice from the simmering cherries.
- When the cornflour has dissolved, stir the mixture into the hot cherries.
- As soon as the syrup starts to thicken a little, remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and transfer to a baking dish.
- Whiz the flour and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine fresh breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and ground almonds.
- Scatter loosely on top of the fruit, add the flaked almonds and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the fruit is bubbling under the pale golden crumble. Serve with cream.