Summer food: Colour, taste, versatile leftovers make a meal
|1 tsp||Fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp||Tarragon leaves, italian, finely chopped|
|1 tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 tsp||Lemon, zest|
|3 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|10 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|3||Anchovies, small, rinsed and mashed|
|20||Capers, salted, rinsed and finely chopped|
|3||Chicken breasts, large, skin on|
|4||Garlic cloves, peeled|
|1 stick||Celery, cut in half lenghtwise and diced|
|1 to taste||Salt, (for eggs)|
|18||Prawns, de-veined, peeled but with tails intact.|
|1 tbsp||Dill, or fennel, French tarragon or Italian parsley leaves|
|1 tsp||Lemon, grated zest|
|½ tsp||Flaky sea salt|
|¼ tsp||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- To make dressing: Place shallots, parsley, tarragon, mustard, lemon zest and juice, 9 Tbs oil, anchovies and 2 tsp capers in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk to combine and set aside. With some of the remaining 1 Tbs oil, lightly grease a low-sided roasting tray.
- Place chicken and garlic in a bowl, add remaining oil and toss to coat. Place chicken on tray skin-side up.
- Slip garlic under chicken. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear when pierced with a metal skewer.
- Remove from oven. Cover tray with a tea towel and rest chicken away from heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove skin from chicken flesh. Place skin on tray and return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until very crisp. Cool and cut skin into thin strips.
- While chicken is still warm, shred into long, bite-sized strips and place in a bowl. Place garlic in a separate small bowl, mash and then add to chicken.
- Pour dressing over chicken, add celery and toss to coat. Serve or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, roughly crumble prosciutto, add to chicken salad and toss together.
- Pile on to a large presentation platter and arrange eggs and prawns to one side.
- Scatter with olives and remaining capers. Garnish with crispy chicken skin and, if you wish, tarragon sprigs.
- Crispy prosciutto: Use shards of crispy prosciutto to garnish soups or salads, or crumble to use as a topping.
- Preheat oven to 150 degC.
- Arrange strips between two sheets of baking paper. Place on a low-sided roasting tray and position another tray on top.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove top tray, cool prosciutto then remove from tray. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in pantry for up to two days.
- Hard-boiled eggs: Lace a medium-sized saucepan of water over high heat and bring to the boil. Add salt.
- Using a large spoon, place eggs one by one into water. Reduce heat to medium so water is not at a rolling boil.
- Gently boil eggs for eight minutes (use a timer).Immediately remove from heat and drain eggs.
- Working quickly, shake the saucepan to crack shells and run eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Remove shells from eggs. Halve eggs while still warm. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to two days.
- Herbed prawns: Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Place prawns, herbs, lemon zest, salt, pepper and olive oil in a medium sized bowl. Toss prawns to coat evenly.
- Spread prawns on a low-sided roasting tray with around 1cm space between. Place in oven for 3-4 minutes or until prawn flesh begins to turn white.
- Remove prawns from tray and allow to cool. If you choose to cook prawns in advance, cool and refrigerate until required.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL