Appetite: For goodness' sake
Revive raw salad
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
Traditional corn fritters
|10||Onions, finely diced|
|2 cups||whole kernel corn, canned or frozen, (no need to defrost if frozen)|
|1 cup||Besan (chickpea flour)|
|3 tbsp||Sweet chilli sauce|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander, chopped|
|1 to fry||Oil|
- Put the sultanas in some boiling water before you start, to fatten them and make them juicy.
- Grate the beetroot and carrots by hand or in your food processor using the grater attachment.
- In a cup mix the orange dressing ingredients.
- Drain the water off the sultanas.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix gently.
- Make sure you add the juice that comes off the beetroot when you are grating it.
- Saute the onion and oil until soft.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- You may need to add up to an extra half a cup of water to achieve a thick paste.
- Let the mixture sit for around 20 minutes in the fridge, then stir again.
- If you are in a rush this is not absolutely necessary but you will end up with a more consistent mix that will stick together better.
- Fry cup scoops with a little oil in a hot pan (ideally non-stick).
- Cook for around three minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with salsa on top.