Trifle (but not as we know it)
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Papaya, fresh, ripe|
|9||Kiwi fruit, peeled and thickly sliced|
|1||Pineapple, cut into 1cm chunks|
|1||Trifle sponge, bought or made|
|2 cups||Plain unsweetened yoghurt, mixed with the pulp of 3 passionfruit and 1 Tbsp liquid honey|
- Cut the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds and the juice, straining the juice from the seeds into a bowl.
- Peel the papayas and remove the seeds. Chop and place in a blender, puree and add the pomegranate juice. Pulse to mix.
- Cut the sponge into cubes. Place half in the base of your serving bowl.
- Spoon over half the passionfruit yoghurt, then half the papaya puree. Cover with half the kiwifruit and half the pomegranate seeds. Press down to level the layers.
- Add the next lot of sponge. Cover with the papaya puree. Cover with the pineapple. Spoon over the remaining passionfruit yoghurt and decorate the top with the remaining kiwifruit and pomegranate seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for a least 4 hours.