( SERVES 16 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|125 g||Unsalted butter, softened|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|150 ml||Golden syrup|
|2½ cups||Plain flour, sifted|
|2 tsp||Ground ginger|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
- Preheat oven to 190 degC. Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat for 10-12 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the golden syrup, flour, ginger and baking soda and beat until a smooth dough forms. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 5mm-thick. Refrigerate until firm.
- Use a large gingerbread man cookie cutter tocut shapes from the dough.
- Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely on trays.