Festive Fare: Vanilla snap cookies
Make a simple cooking dough and use Christmas cookie cutters to cut out cool festive shapes.
For more festive sweet treats, go to our Christmas Baking collection.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|125 g||Unsalted butter, softened|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|2 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1½ cups||Plain flour, sifted|
|2 tbsp||White sugar, for sprinkling|
- Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for 2-3 minutes or until well combined.
- Add the flour and beat until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 4mm-thick and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 160degC. Use Christmas cookie cutters to cut shapes from the dough and place on lightly greased trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.