Passionfruit and lime sponge roulade with mascarpone
|1 tbsp||Butter, melted|
|60 g||Plain flour|
|2||Limes, juiced and zested|
|½ cup||Caster sugar, plus 2 Tbsp extra|
|1 cup||Mascarpone, room temperature|
|½ cup||Passionfruit pulp|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Line the base of a 36x26cm swiss roll tin with baking paper. Brush the sides of the tin with melted butter.
- Beat the egg yolks, flour and lime with the sugar until pale.
- Beat the egg whites until firm then gently fold into the mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then cool on a rack.
- Prepare the filling by combining the mascarpone and passionfruit.
- Sprinkle caster sugar on baking paper. Turn the sponge out then spread over the filling and roll firmly. Dust with icing sugar then scoop out the fresh passionfruit and drizzle over.