Warm apple and almond tart
( SERVES 6 )
The original recipe has a honey butter glaze made with the apple peels. I have substituted an apricot glaze to simplify the making.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 packet||Sweet short pastry|
|6||Apples, firm, such as Granny Smith|
|30 g||Icing sugar, sifted|
|30 g||Butter, softened|
|50 g||Ground almonds, sifted|
|2 tbsp||Apricot jam, diluted with the juice of one lemon|
- Line a 23cm flan tin with the pastry and chill.
- Peel, halve and core the apples, then coat with lemon juice to stop browning.
- Beat icing sugar and butter until creamy, gradually add the almonds and egg. Spread on to the chilled flan base.
- Thinly slice the apples and arrange in concentric circles around the tart.
- Heat and strain the apricot jam and lemon to make the glaze. Brush a little across the apple.
- Bake the tart in a preheated oven at 200degC for 20 mins.
- Cool a little on a baking rack and brush the remaining glaze over the tart. Garnish with raspberries and mint.