Chicken with capsicum sauce
|6 tbsp||Parmesan cheese|
|4 tbsp||Ricotta cheese|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|4 tbsp||Sunflower oil|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|¼ cup||Dry white wine|
|1 can||Italian peeled tomatoes|
|1 bunch||Flat leaf parsley|
|2 tbsp||Pine nuts|
- Heat the oven to 180C. Wash the skinless chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels, trimming off and discarding any scraggy bits. If the fillets have been left attached, pull off and reserve for another purpose. Mash four tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese with the ricotta to make a paste. Cut a slit in the side of each breast and press the cheese mixture into it.
- Mix the remaining Parmesan with the breadcrumbs (referably Japanese). Heat the oil in an oven-proof frying pan and, while it is heating, coat the breasts in the flour, then in the beaten egg and, finally, in the breadcrumb/Parmesan mixture, pressing to ensure good coverage.
- Fry to a golden brown, turning once, then transfer to the oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until a small incision reveals moist, white flesh. Remove and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut the capsicums in half, remove and discard the stalks, ribs and seeds and dice finely. Heat the olive oil in a pot and add the onion and capsicums. Cook, stirring frequently, then add the garlic (part-crushed, peeled and finely chopped). Stir for a few seconds, then tip in the wine. Reduce by about half then add the tomatoes, chopping them roughly in the pot. Cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste, then stir in the chopped parsley.
- Lightly brown the pine nuts in a dry pan (be careful - they burn easily), and put aside. Spoon onto warm plates, cut the chicken breasts diagonally into three or four sections and arrange alongside. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL