Little chocolate lamingtons
|120 g||Butter, softened-plus extra for greasing the tin|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|1¼ cups||Self raising flour|
|250 g||Shredded coconut|
|3 cups||Icing sugar|
|70 g||Cocoa powder, preferably dutch|
|40 g||Butter, softened|
|½ tsp||Vanilla extract|
- Preheat the oven to 190 degC. Grease a 23cm cake tin and line the base with baking paper. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together until pale.
- Add one egg, beat then repeat. Fold in the flour alternating with the milk, until smooth.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out on to a cooling rack.
- When cold wrap in plastic wrap and leave for up to 1 hour or as long as 12, to enable easier cutting.
- Combine the icing ingredients with 100ml of boiling water. Stir until smooth.
- Cut the cake into 3cm squares. Spread the coconut on a tray.
- Dip each square of cake briefly into the icing then the coconut, coating all sides. Place on the cooling rack and leave to dry.