Gordon Ramsay's mint chocolate truffles
This is an adaptation from the cookbook Christmas with Gordon.
|500 g||Dark chocolate, (must be 72% cocoa)|
|1 bunch||Fresh mint|
|150 g||Butter, diced|
|150 g||Honey, (clear in colour)|
- Heat up the cream. Crush the mint leaves with a wooden spoon to release their flavour and add to the hot cream.
- Keep on a very gentle heat for 5 minutes then set aside for another 5 minutes to allow the mint to infuse.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces place in a bowl, adding the diced butter and the honey.
- Strain the hot minted cream through a sieve over these ingredients and stir until all the chocolate has melted.
- Pour this into a shallow dish or pan and chill in the fridge until firm.
- Finely chop pistachio nuts or almonds and spread them across a dinner plate.
- Roll the truffle mix into balls and roll these in the nuts to coat.
- Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve. Depending on the size of your truffles this should yield around 50, more than enough to give away for Christmas.