Wicked cookie sandwiches
Sandwich the scary cookies with your favourite jams, such as apricot or blueberry. Or try chocolate-hazelnut spread or caramel filling for a sweeter scare.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Unsalted butter, softened|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|2 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|2¼ cups||Plain flour, sifted|
|⅔ cup||Raspberry jam|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
- Preheat oven to 180degC. Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and egg yolk and beat well to combine. Add the flour and beat until a smooth dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out each half between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 5mm thick.
- Use an 8 1/2 cm cookie cutter to cut 16 rounds from the dough. Place the cookies on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Use a small, sharp knife to cut out faces on half the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden. Cool on wire racks.
- Spread the whole cookies with raspberry jam and sandwich with the faces. Dust with icing sugar to serve.