Blue cheese, beef and avo mini burgers
( SERVES 6 )
These beef patties are deliciously infused with cumin and coriander seeds, rosemary and garlic. Melted blue cheese adds an extra burst of flavour!
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tsp||Coriander seeds|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil, plus extra to fry the burgers|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|1||Onion, small, finely diced|
|600 g||Beef mince|
|2 tsp||Rosemary, finely chopped|
|1||Carrot, small, grated|
|1 tbsp||Mustard, English|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|1 block||Blue cheese|
|6||Cos lettuce leaves|
|6 tbsp||Tomato relish|
- Heat a frypan and toast the seeds until fragrant then grind in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the garlic and onion until golden and soft.
- Combine the seeds, onion, garlic, mince, rosemary, carrot, mustard, egg and breadcrumbs. Season well then form into small patties.
- Preheat the grill. Halve the dinner rolls and place on an oven tray. Top half with blue cheese.
- Heat the frypan and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Fry the patties turning once for approximately 5 minutes, depending on the size. Lightly grill the rolls until golden and the cheese has melted.
- Assemble with the lettuce, patties, slices of avocado and a spoonful of relish or sauce.