Chilli prawns with rocket lemon mayo
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 kg||Prawns, medium sized, peeled and cleaned with tails intact|
|3 tsp||Green chillies, freshm finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Lemongrass, minced|
|2 cloves||Fresh garlic, minced|
|2 tsp||Fresh ginger, minced|
|½ cup||White wine|
|1 tbsp||Rice bran oil, or vegetable|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tsp||Wasabi paste|
|1||Garlic cloves, minced|
|⅔ cup||Olive oil, light|
|¾ cup||Creme fraiche|
|2||Limes, juice to taste, wedges to serve|
- Combine the prawns with all the ingredients. Mix well then cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- To make the mayo; bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the rocket. After 30 seconds drain and put into iced water.
- When cold, drain again, pat dry and chop finely.
- Put the egg yolks into a food processer with the wasabi, garlic and salt.
- With the motor running, gradually pour the oil in a thin stream until the mixture has thickened.
- Remove and stir in the rocket, creme fraiche and lime juice.
- Remove the prawns from the marinade. Heat a grill until hot. Brush with oil and grill the prawns on both sides until lightly charred.
- Serve piled on a platter with lime or lemon wedges, a bowl of rocket mayo and plenty of napkins.