Vanilla and jam biscuits
( SERVES 32 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|200 g||Unsalted butter, softened|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 tbsp||Golden syrup|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
|1½ cups||Self raising flour|
|1 to spread||Strawberry jam|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg, golden syrup, vanilla and flours and beat until a dough forms.
- Roll teaspoonsful of the dough into balls and place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Lightly press to flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just golden.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the vanilla filling, place the butter, icing sugar, water and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Spread half the biscuits with the filling and jam. Sandwich with the remaining biscuits.