Red Christmas Salad
( SERVES 10 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3||Red capsicum, seeds, stalks and membranes removed, then cut into wedges|
|3||Red onions, small, cut into wedges|
|20||Baby carrots, peeled|
|2||Acid-free tomatoes, large|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes|
|1 handful||Basil leaves, for garnish|
|2 tbsp||Sherry vinegar|
|1 tbsp||Runny honey|
|5 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Heat the oven to 180degC and roast the capsicum and onion wedges until soft and mellow – about 25 minutes. Set aside.
- To prepare the beetroot, boil in water for about 40 minutes until tender, then cool and remove the skins. Cut into rough chunks.
- To prepare the carrots, cook in salted water with a pinch of sugar for about 10 minutes until soft but not mushy. Keep aside.
- Wash the tomatoes well and cut into neat chunks.
- Shake the dressing ingredients in a small screwtop jar until well mixed. Place the vegetables on a large white platter, and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with a few torn basil leaves and serve at room temperature.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL