Iced apricot and yoghurt souffle
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Apricots, halved and stoned|
|½ cup||Apricot yoghurt|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Cream, lightly whipped|
- Prepare 4 x 1 cup capacity souffle dishes by wrapping these in bands of greaseproof paper to come 5cm above the souffle dish.
- Tie around the dish with string to secure paper collars in place.
- Coarsely chop apricot flesh then puree in a blender. Combine with yoghurt. Beat egg yolks with sugar until very thick and pale.
- Beat in apricot puree and yoghurt.
- Place 3 tbsp water in a ramekin and sprinkle over gelatine powder.
- Leave for a few minutes to form a sponge-like mass, then place ramekin in a saucepan with a little water.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for a few minutes until gelatine has dissolved. Stir gelatine into apricot mixture.
- Fold in the whipped cream. In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold egg whites into apricot mixture.
- Pour mixture into souffle dishes. Refrigerate overnight until set.
- Remove paper collars to serve.