Mini lamb roasts with pomegranate and mint
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Lamb rumps, approx 350g each|
|2 tbsp||Pomegranate molasses, available from delis|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tbsp||Fresh mint, chopped|
- Place rumps in a ceramic dish. Drizzle with pomegranate molasses and oil and marinate in a cool place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 220 degC.
- Season lamb rumps with salt and pepper and transfer to an oven pan lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Roast for 15 minutes then remove to rest for 10 minutes keep meat warm under a tent of foil.
- Meanwhile, halve the pomegranate. Remove the seeds and combine them with the chopped fresh mint.
- Slice lamb and serve scattered with the pomegranate seeds and mint.
- I suggest jersey benne potatoes and steamed green beans as good vegetable accompaniments.