Herb-crusted lamb rack with warm potato and white anchovy salad
Before cooking, make the herb crust and apply it to the racks, assemble the potato salad completely, then all you have to do is cook the racks and warm the salad through.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Lamb racks, or to suit the number of guests|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|5 tbsp||Fresh herbs, soft herbs|
|1 tsp||Garlic, crushed|
warm potato salad
|1||New potatoes, enough for 4 people|
|150 g||White anchovies|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Semi-dried tomatoes|
|½ cup||Fresh parsley, chopped|
- For the lamb, season the racks with salt and pepper, sear quickly until just coloured and set to one side.
- In a food processor, blend to a paste 125g soft butter, three-quarters of a cup of dry breadcrumbs, five tablespoons of chopped soft herbs, one teaspoon of crushed garlic, and some salt and pepper. Spread the mixture over the top of the racks and refrigerate until you're ready to cook them.
- Bake in the oven until the butter has melted and a crust has formed (six to eight minutes), or until cooked as desired (we suggest medium-rare). Rest for five to eight minutes.
- To serve, carve the racks into "pairs" of bones and serve with Essential Cuisine lamb jus.
- For the warm potato salad: Boil enough salad potatoes for four people. You can use Wilcox's New Season Salad Potatoes for ease or cut some nadines (a nice waxy boiling potato) into even-sized pieces. Make sure the potatoes are only just tender and are not at risk of falling apart.
- Once they are cooked and drained, add 100-150g of white anchovies (you can leave them whole or chop them a bit as you wish and add the amount that suits your taste), a good dose of olive oil and half a cup or so of semi-dried tomatoes.
- Season well with lots of sea salt and fresh black pepper and set to the side until required.
- Warm the salad and stir through half a cup of chopped parsley just before serving.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL