Crunchy Pork Cutlet with Cabbage Slaw
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4||Pork cutlets, roughly 150g each|
|2 tbsp||Lemon thyme, chopped|
|½ cup||Parmesan cheese, shaved|
|¼ cup||Plain flour|
|2||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|500 g||Cabbage, shredded|
|100 g||Pecorino cheese, or use parmesan, shaved|
|¼ cup||White wine vinegar|
|2 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|½ tsp||Fennel seeds|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- To make the cabbage slaw, place the cabbage and pecorino in a non-metallic bowl. Combine the vinegar, oil, fennel, salt and pepper.
- Add to the cabbage and toss well to combine. Set aside.
- Place pork cutlets on a board and cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin to flatten.
- Place the breadcrumbs, lemon thyme and parmesan in a bowl and mix well to combine. Dust cutlets with flour, shaking off any excess. Dip into the egg and press into breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Top cutlets with slaw to serve.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL