Bocconcini and ham pizzas
This pizza is a little different from the norm, I call it a salad pizza. The topping is not cooked with the base, but instead added on after cooking — it’s fresh, raw and tasty. This makes it really important to ensure your ingredients are all of the very best quality. The flavours and textures of crispy hot, cold and peppery, are deliciously fantastic.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|15 g||Dried instant yeast|
|330 ml||Water, cold|
|2 tsp||Fine salt|
|1 sprinkle||Semolina flour, for cooking|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|3 tsp||Fresh thyme|
|1 tsp||Flaky sea salt|
|8 slices||Serrano ham|
|6||Clevedon buffalo bocconcini|
|2 cups||Rocket leaves, washed and picked|
|3 tbsp||white truffle oil|
- Make the pizza dough the day before, it tastes better. Dissolve the yeast in the water then add the flour and mix until it forms a dough, add salt then knead well for 8 minutes.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm spot until double in size.
- Divide dough evenly into 4 then roll into balls and place on a lightly floured tray, cover with plastic food wrap and keep in the fridge.
- Remove the pizza dough from the fridge one hour before cooking.
- Make one pizza at a time. Using a little flour, roll out the dough as thin as possible to form a large circle, then lift it up by rolling the dough on to the pin.
- Sprinkle some semolina onto a baking tray or pizza peel, then unroll the dough, this will help it slide on to the cooking surface.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on the thyme and sea salt.
- With the pizza oven at 350 degC a pizza will take less than 2 minutes to cook.
- To cook in a regular oven place baking trays or a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 240 degC. Bake for 6-8 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Place torn strips of ham and chunks of bocconcini on top, sprinkle over the rocket leaves and truffle oil.