( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Icing sugar|
|⅓ cup||Ground almonds|
|⅓ cup||Self raising flour|
|⅓ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|2 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|125 g||Butter, melted|
|2||Tamarillos, red or gold, peeled and sliced|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Lightly butter a 6-hole friand pan. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the melted butter and stir until combined. Whisk the egg whites with a fork.
- Fold into the butter mixture until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the friand holes to 2/3 full.
- Place a slice of tamarillo on the top of each.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- Run a knife around the edge and tip out while still hot.
- These friands are best eaten within 24 hours but also freeze well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.