Chicken with green capsicum
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Dry white wine|
|1½ cups||Chicken stock|
- Turn the oven to 180degC. While it is heating, cut the chicken legs into thigh and drumstick pieces. Remove the backbone section and any rib bones from the thighs. Discard, or remove the skin and fat and freeze to make stock at a late date. You should now have four drumsticks, plus four thigh pieces containing just one bone each. Trim off any excess fat, then wash and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Chop the onion finely and cut the capsicum into fine dice, removing and discarding the stalk, seeds and white interior ribs. Part-crush, skin and finely chop the garlic.
- Spread the flour on a plate and season. Heat the oil and butter in a heavy frying pan, and while it is heating, toss the chicken pieces in the flour, then add to the pan and brown on one side. Turn, then add the onion and capsicum.
- When the chicken is browned on both sides, add the garlic and stir for a few seconds. Add the wine and stir to catch all the brown bits on the bottom.
- Add the stock (or Asian chicken broth), bring to the boil then cover the pan (use foil if it has no lid) and place in the oven. Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until the meat on the drumsticks begins to pull away from the knuckle.
- If the sauce is too thin, reduce by boiling it fiercely while you arrange the chicken pieces on heated plates. Check the seasoning before pouring over the top.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL