Pea, ham and sour cream fettuccine
( SERVES 4 )
When flatting as a student in Dunedin, this was one of the dishes my flatmate Stef would make. Although it’s not gourmet tucker, I would always welcome it as a change to the boys’ sloppy mince efforts. This makes a tasty, very quick, easy and cheap meal; ideal for flatting students who will usually have these ingredients on hand.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|460 g||Fettuccine, or spaghetti|
|360 g||Champagne ham, diced|
|3½ cups||Frozen peas, defrosted|
|250 g||Sour cream, or creme fraiche|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta, stir and cook for 8-10minutes or until al dente.
- Stir pasta a few times while cooking to prevent it sticking together.
- Drain pasta, then add back to the pot along with the ham, peas, sour cream and lemon juice.
- Toss everything together and warm through on low heat. Season to taste with a little salt (if needed) and freshly ground black pepper.
- If splurging on the flat shopping budget, a few torn basil leaves on top is nice.
- Divide between serving bowls and eat while hot.