Baked Meatballs and Tomato Sauce
( SERVES 8 )
Perfect for freezing. Just pull it out, heat it up while you cook some pasta.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4 slices||White bread|
|500 g||Pork mince|
|500 g||Beef mince|
|2||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, finely grated, plus extra to serve|
|½ cup||Flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|5||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|4 cans||Diced tomatoes|
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Place the bread in a bowl and pour over the milk. Set aside for 5 minutes to absorb.
- Tear the bread into pieces and place in a large bowl with the pork and beef mince, eggs, parmesan, 1/4 cup of the parsley and 3 cloves of the garlic. Mix well to combine and roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls.
- Place in 2 baking dishes and drizzle with oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- Add 2 cans of tomatoes and a garlic clove to each dish and stir to combine. Bake for a further 5-8 minutes or until the sauce is warmed through.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and parmesan to serve.
- Serve with spaghetti, in a baguette or on mashed potatoes.