Middle Eastern oranges
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|350 ml||Water, in two measures|
|1 tsp||Fresh rosemary|
|6||Oranges, 2 zested|
|100 ml||Rose water|
|100 ml||Natural yoghurt|
|1 dash||Vanilla essence/extract|
- Put sugar and water in a pot with fresh rosemary leaves and the orange zest.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add another 150ml of water and leave to cool.
- Peel all the pith away from the 2 zested oranges and do the same with 4 more (6 oranges in total).
- Cut each orange into 6 slices crossways. Add to the cooled syrup with rosewater. Chill overnight.
- Serve with cream, yoghurt and a little pure vanilla essence beaten together to a soft peak.