Curried egg Bruschetta
I have loved curried egg for as long as I can remember. Mum used to serve curried egg and parsley sandwiches as a “before” at dinner parties in the 70s. Very exotic stuff back then.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 loaf||Ciabatta bread|
|1 splash||Olive oil|
|1 sprinkle||Curry powder|
|1 sprinkle||Cumin seeds, toasted and ground|
|1 handful||Coriander leaves, to garnish|
|1 squeeze||Lemon juice|
- Slice some ciabatta and brush with olive oil. Grill until crisp around the edges.
- Smash some hard-boiled eggs together in a bowl, then fold through enough mayonnaise to bind them.
- Mix through some curry powder and toasted, ground cumin seeds a little at a time, and build the flavour you want.
- Golden rule is, you can always add more in, but once added and mixed in, you can’t remove.
- Finish egg with torn coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice. Spoon on to bruschetta and watch the frenzy.