Saffron rice with chicken and prawns
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Place saffron in 1/4 cup boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes to dissolve.
- Heat a paella pan or large frying pan, add a little oil and brown chicken cubes all over for 5 minutes. Remove to one side.
- Add onion, garlic and a little more oil to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly until the onion has softened.
- Add paprika, white wine, tomatoes, dissolved saffron and stock and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the rice then cook uncovered over a medium flame without stirring for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and marjoram or parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange prawns and sliced peppers on the surface of the rice and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- The rice should be tender to the bite, the liquid evaporated and a slight crust formed on the bottom of the pan.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL