Fried chicken, soft rolls and coleslaw
Fast, fresh and fun, it's "dude food".
|4||Boneless chicken thighs|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|0.13||Cabbage, finely shredded|
|1||Carrot, peeled and cut into thin shreds|
|1 tbsp||Dill, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Mayonnaise, whole egg is best|
|3 tbsp||Rice flour|
|3 tbsp||Plain flour|
|1 serving||Vegetable oil, or rice bran oil, for cooking|
- Place each chicken thigh flat, with smooth side down, on a clean board. One-third of each thigh will be fatter than the remainder, cut to separate it from the thinner part.
- Butterfly the fatter part and open it out so all the meat is of similar thickness.
- Rub crushed garlic all over chicken thigh meat. Set aside while you continue preparing dinner.
- Place cabbage, carrot and dill in a large salad bowl. Bea tmayo and lemon juice together with some salt to taste .
- Pour this dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss well to combine. Keep coleslaw in fridge until serving.
- Place a wrung-out, damp paper kitchen towel on top of the bread rolls. Wrap in foil and seal package.
- Warm wrapped rolls in 170 degC oven for 5-8 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile heat a thin layer of oil to medium-hot in a heavy, wide frying pan. Sift both flours on to a dinner plate and season lightly with salt.
- Lightly dust both sides of each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Fry in the hot oil for about 3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve warmed rolls, fried chicken and coleslaw separately, so that people can make their own filled rolls.