Potato salad with classic mayonnaise
This will become a family favourite and great dish to have in your repertoire.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|800 g||Small potatoes, washed|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|½ cup||Mayonnaise, see recipe below|
|2 tbsp||Parsley, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Mint leaves|
|1 tbsp||Capers, chopped|
- Put the potatoes in a pot, cover with cold salted water and bring to the boil.
- Cover with a lid, leaving a little gap so the steam can escape and simmer until soft.
- Drain, cool and peel if you wish. Cut into halves or cubes and place in a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, mint, capers and gherkins, season and mix through.
- This salad will keep well in the fridge for a few days.
- Place the yolk in a clean bowl.
- Using a whisk add the salt and lemon juice or vinegar.
- Then with your oil in a jug start pouring it in drop by drop, whisking constantly.
- Once it starts to emulsify, you can begin to add the oil in a steady, thin stream, whisking constantly as you do so.
- When the sauce is thick, taste and adjust the seasoning and flavourings. To thin, whisk in a little warm water or more vinegar.