Exam day breakfast: Cheese and herb omelette on wholegrain toast
The key to a good pre-exam breakfast is to include protein and wholegrains. Avoid sugar. Don’t serve too much as the body needs to be focused on thinking, not digesting.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Parsley, chopped|
|7||Basil leaves, large ones, torn into smaller pieces|
|1 tbsp||Cheddar cheese, grated. Or jarslberg or gruyere cheese.|
|1 slice||Wholegrain bread/toast|
|1 to serve||Tomato relish, or tomato sauce.|
- Using a fork, whisk together eggs, salt and milk in a bowl. Add herbs and whisk again just to combine.
- Heat a knob of butter in a small omelette pan (about 15-20cm diameter), swirling the butter so it coats the pan well.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook over a medium heat.
- Pull the edges of the omelette into the centre every 20 seconds and tilt pan so that runny egg comes into contact with the pan.
- Once omelette is no longer runny, decrease heat to low and sprinkle cheese over omelette.
- Cook for another 30 seconds then serve on toast, with tomato relish or ketchup on the side if you like. Serves 1