Chilli chickpea burgers
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Olive oil, plus extra for frying|
|¼ tsp||Chilli powder|
|1||Red chilli, small, seeded and chopped|
|1 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 cup||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|3 tbsp||Fresh parsley, or use coriander|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
Burger bun and filling
|4||Burger buns, split in half and warmed or toasted|
|2||large ripe tomatoes, sliced|
|1 cup||Watercress, or use rocket|
|1 to serve||Tomato chutney|
|¼ cup||Sour cream, to serve|
- Grind chickpeas in a food processor to resemble fine bread crumbs.
- Heat frying pan, add oil and onion and cook gently for 5 minutes to soften.
- Combine burger ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Form mixture into 4 large patties adding a little more flour if mixture is too sloppy.
- Fry patties in a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Layer chickpea patties, tomato, avocado and watercress on bun bases.
- Top with chutney and a dollop of sour cream. Place lids on buns, skewer to secure and serve.