Little chocolate lamingtons
( SERVES 24 )
Serve in bite-sized portions and arrange them prettily on the most beautiful platters you can find.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|120 g||Butter, softened, plus extra for greasing the tin|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1¼ cups||Self raising flour|
|250 g||Shredded coconut, or coconut flakes|
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Grease a 23cm cake tin and line the base with baking paper. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together until pale.
2. Add one egg, beat then repeat.
3. Fold in the flour alternating with the milk, until smooth. Spoon into the tin and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out on to a cooling rack. When cold wrap in plastic wrap and leave for up to 1 hour or as long as 12, to enable easier cutting.
4. Combine the icing ingredients with 100ml of boiling water. Stir until smooth.
5. Cut the cake into 3cm squares. Spread the coconut on a tray. Dip each square of cake briefly into the icing then the coconut, coating all sides.