This sugar-free loaf provides a bit of sweet during detox, but it’s become a favourite for those not detoxing too. It was shared around a group of men on a golf course last week. They loved it!
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1¾ cups||Apple juice|
|½ cup||Rolled oats|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Dates, chopped|
|½ cup||Dried apricots, chopped|
|2||Apples, smallish size, chipped into small dice|
|1½ cups||Wholemeal flour|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ tsp||Mixed spice|
- Heat oven to 180 degC. Bring apple juice and sultanas to the boil in a pot.
- Remove from the heat and stir in oats and baking soda, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Place chopped dates, apricots and apples into a bowl and mix through the wholemeal flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mixed spice.
- Pour in the apple juice mixture and stir to just combine.
- Spread into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for 45-55 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Rest for 5 minutes then turn out on to a cake rack.