Chorizo sausage chilli con carne
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 piece||Ginger, chopped|
|1 handful||Fresh mint|
|1 handful||Coriander leaves|
|1 can||Red kidney beans|
|1 can||Whole peeled tomatoes|
|1 handful||Green beans|
|1 handful||Fresh coriander|
|1 garnish||Spring onion|
|1 serving||Sour cream|
|5||Chorizo sausages, cooked, casing removed and crumbled into mixture|
- In the food processor chop 1 onion with 3 cloves garlic, 2-3 green chillies, 1 small piece of ginger and a handful of fresh mint and coriander leaves, then cook the mixture gently in hot oil (don’t allow it to brown).
- Peel the casings off 5 cooked chorizo sausages and crumble the sausage into the onion mixture.
- Add 1 can of drained red kidney beans, 1 can whole peeled tomatoes, 1 bottle of beer, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp coriander, 3 bay leaves and a star anise.
- Cook and stir the chilli for a couple of hours until it is thick and broken down. Taste and season as you go. Add fresh green beans to the cooking process for some colour and crunch.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander, spring onions and sour cream. You can serve the chilli with rice, use it to make nachos, or try it on a pizza.