Smoked fish, wasabi and basil mascarpone Bruschetta
This is a great combination. Wonderful moist smoked fish, rich creamy mascarpone spiked with wasabi and lime juice, then a fresh leaf or two of basil brings it all together.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 loaf||Sourdough bread|
|2 fillets||Smoked kahawai, mackerel or similar|
|1 squeeze||Wasabi paste, fresh wasabi puree or similar|
|1 squeeze||Lime juice|
|1 handful||Basil leaves, to finish|
- Slice sourdough and brush with olive oil. Grill until crisp around the edges.
- Break up smoked kahawai, mackerel or similar, in torough chunks and set aside.
- Add enough fresh wasabi puree or “the green goo” and lime juice to mascarpone to give it some sting.
- Spread a lick of the mascarpone mix on the bruschetta, top with pieces of the smoked fish and finish with a leaf or two of basil.
- A wedge or two of lemon or lime on the side won’t go astray either.