Fried garlic prawns with classic mayonnaise
Fried in garlic and paired with home-made mayo showcases these crustaceans at their best.
|8||Prawns, (4 per person)|
|2 tbsp||Canola oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, roughly chopped|
|2||Eggs, yolks only, at room temperature|
|2 tsp||Vinegar, or lemon juice|
|150 ml||Canola oil|
- Peel the prawns
- Heat a frying pan and add in the oil.
- Fry the prawns until they begin to change colour.
- Add in the garlic.
- Remove from the heat. Serve on a warmed plate with aioli sauce.
- Classic mayonnaise: Place the yolk in a clean bowl.
- Using a whisk add the salt and the lemon juice or vinegar.
- Then with your oil in a jug start pouring it in drop by drop, whisking constantly.
- Once the emulsion has been started you can start to add the oil in a steady thin stream, whisking constantly as you go.
- When the sauce is thick, taste and adjust the seasoning and flavourings. To thin, whisk in a little warm water or more vinegar.
- To make aioli, stir through 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped.