Cognac-glazed roast pork rack with sage
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 kg||Pork rack|
|¼ cup||Sage leaf|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Cognac brandy|
|3 tbsp||Brown sugar|
- Preheat oven to 150 degC. Cut deep slashes in the pork and stuff a few sage leaves in each cut. Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan, add oil and brown meat all over for 5 minutes. Transfer pork to an oven pan.
- Combine cognac and brown sugar and pour half this glaze over the pork.
- Roast pork slowly for 1 hour 15 minutes, basting with remaining glaze 2-3 times during cooking.
- Serve pork thickly sliced with the juices from the pan. Roast kumara works well as a side dish.