Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls with Mint, Fish Sauce & Basil
( SERVES 4 )
Rice paper rolls are simple to make and look so attractive. Prepare the vegetables and herbs, have a couple of dishes of sauces at the ready then quickly soak the papers until just soft, lie on a kitchen surface, let dry for a moment, fill, fold over and wrap.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Fish sauce|
|2 tbsp||Lime juice|
|2 tbsp||Palm sugar, grated or crushed|
|2 tbsp||Mint leaves, sliced|
|2 tbsp||Thai basil leaves, or lemon basil leaves, sliced|
- Prepare a large bowl of warm water. Dip each rice pper wrapper into the water and as soon as each begins to soften, remove and lay separately on a flat surfa
- Divide the ingredients between each wrapper, placing them along the centre, leaving a 2cm space at each side.
- Fold up the bottom edge, then fold in the sides and roll firmly to enclose.
- Place on a serving platter with a bowl of the dipping sauce.
- To make the sauce; place the fish sauce, lime juice, water, sugar and chilli into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir until the sugar has dissolved then let cool. Add the herbs just before serving.