Sauteed silver beet, creamed blue cheese and pine nuts Bruschetta
I had these last night, and scoffed a half dozen or so. I love the savoury flavour of silverbeet, creamy richness of the blue cheese and slight sweetness the roasted pine nuts bring to the table. I chop up the stems of the silverbeet quite finely, then saute in a bit of butter until they start to caramelise and go golden.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 loaf||Sourdough bread|
|1 splash||Olive oil|
|1 packet||Blue cheese|
|1 sprinkle||Pine nuts, toasted|
- Slice some sourdough and brush with olive oil. Grill until crisp around the edges.
- Break up some blue cheese and place in a mixing bowl. Whisk the cheese with a splash of cream to form a loose spread.
- Heat a frying pan and add a splash of oil and butter.
- Fry sliced silverbeet stems until golden, then add the chopped leaves with a knob of butter and a dash of water to help wilt.
- Cook for 4 or 5 minutes.
- To put together, add a generous lick of the creamed blue cheese to the bruschetta bases.
- Top with cooked silverbeet, then finish with a scattering of the toasted pine nuts.