sealord - Warm Winter Salad
( SERVES 4 )
Hearty, warming and the colours bounce off the plate. This winter salad using delicious tuna and roast vegetables is one to keep handy.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|425 g||Sealord Yellowfin Tuna in Spring Water|
|2||Baby beetroots, washed and cubed|
|300 g||Pumpkin, peeled and cubed|
|2||Golden kumara, washed and cubed|
|½ cup||Walnuts, toasted|
|2 cups||Spinach leaves|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|3 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbsp||Brown sugar|
|1 to taste||Salt and pepper|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Place the beetroot, kumara and pumpkin in a baking tray.
- Stir two tablespoons of olive oil through the cubed vegetables, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste then roast until tender (30 to 40 mins).
- Cool slightly and mix with Tuna, baby spinach leaves and walnuts.
To make the dressing:
- Place remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and thyme in a jar and shake until combined.
- Toss through vegetables.
For more great Sealord recipes click here