Roast chicken with stuffed green olives and lemons
|4||Chicken legs, whole|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 tbsp||Liquid honey|
|1½ cups||Chicken stock|
|2||Lemons, thinly sliced|
|1 cup||Stuffed green olives, garlic-stuffed queen olives are recommended|
- Heat oven to 190 degC. Separate the chicken legs into drumsticks and thighs.
- Rub the pieces all over with olive oil, then with cinnamon and turmeric and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in an oven pan and drizzle with liquid honey. Arrange the lemon slices over the chicken pieces.
- Surround the chicken pieces with the chicken stock, bay leaves and olives. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove covering and bake for a further 40 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Test by putting a sharp knife into the thickest part of the thigh to the bone - if the juices run clear, then the chicken is cooked.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL