Simple Calamari Mediterranean Salad
Photo by Kieran Scott
This calamari salad is full of subtle savoury flavours and so easy to make. Keep some frozen calamari in your freezer for those special seafood moments. Recipe by Annabelle White
|300 g||Sealord Simply Natural Calamari Rings, defrosted|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice, fresh|
|1 tbsp||Red wine vinegar|
|⅓ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|¼ tsp||Black pepper|
|1||Red onion, small, thinly sliced|
|⅓ cup||Kalamata olives, pitted, halved lengthwise|
|2 cups||Cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large|
|2 stalks||Celery, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices|
|1 cup||Fresh Italian parsley, loosely packed|
- Cook defrosted Calamari Rings in a pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until just opaque (approximately 40 to 60 seconds).
- Drain in a colander and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. When the Calamari Rings are cool, drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine and whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, onion, salt and pepper (to taste) and stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Calamari Rings, olives, tomatoes, celery and parsley in a large bowl. Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper if desired. Let stand at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Either serve immediately or chill for up to 8 hours. If chilled, remove from fridge one hour before serving.
TIP: To thaw the Calamari Rings, place sealed bag in a sink of water for 10 to 15 minutes.
For more great Sealord recipes click here
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL