Giant couscous with roast cauliflower and pine nuts
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, peeled and chopped|
|1½ cups||Fregola sarda (or Israeli couscous)|
|2½ cups||Chicken stock|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|½ cup||Pine nuts, toasted|
|½ cup||Fresh coriander, chopped, or use parsley|
- Preheat oven to 170 degC. Cut cauliflower into small even-sized florets and place in an oven pan.
- Combine the crushed garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil, pour garlic oil over the cauliflower and toss well to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until the florets turn golden brown, stirring occasionally to allow for even cooking. Remove to cool.
- At the same time, heat a saucepan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the onion and cook over a moderate heat for 5-10 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Stir in the turmeric and giant couscous and cook for 1 minute, stirring continually.
- Add stock and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly until the grains are tender to the bite and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir through the roast cauliflower, pine nuts, currants and coriander or parsley and serve.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL