Lemon, Fennel and Basil Risotto
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|5 cups||Chicken stock|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|3 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|2 cups||Arborio rice|
|1||Fennel bulb, large, finely sliced|
|2||Lemons, zest and juice|
|3 tbsp||Basil leaves, sliced|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Place the stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and let stock gently simmer.
- Heat a large heavy-based saucepan, add oil then onion and garlic.
- Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add risotto rice, stirring over heat for 2 minutes to toast, but not brown, rice. Stir in fennel.
- Add one ladle of hot stock and stir with a wooden spoon. When the rice has absorbed the liquid, add another ladle of stock.
- Repeat this process, continue to stir and keep adding hot stock until absorbed.
- After 15-20 minutes the rice should be al dente (tender to the bite) and the mixture creamy.
- Cover pan and leave to steam for 5 minutes.
- Lastly stir in basil, lemon juice and zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.