sealord - Italian Tuna Balls with Spaghetti & sauce
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Kieran Scott
Who doesn't love meatballs and spaghetti – it’s reassuring, has good savoury flavours, is so easy and quick to make. Using tuna instead of mince means protein wins on the day! Recipe by Annabelle White
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|370 g||Sealord Tuna with Olive Oil, & Garlic (2 cans), drained|
|1 handful||Pine nuts|
|1||Lemon, finely zested|
|1 handful||Parsley, roughly chopped|
|50 g||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|1||Egg, large, beaten|
|500 g||Tomato pasta sauce|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper, to season|
|1 handful||Fresh herbs, chopped, such as basil & parsley|
- Flake the tuna into a bowl, then tip in the pine nuts, lemon zest, parsley, breadcrumbs, and egg.
- Season and mix together with your hands until completely combined. Roll into 12 walnut-size balls.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick fry-pan.
- Cook tuna balls for 5 minutes, or until completely golden.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Heat pasta sauce and place drained pasta in a large bowl. Add hot pasta sauce.
- Toss to combine gently. Place in serving bowls and top with tuna balls.
- Serve with a good grind of black pepper and a scattering of fresh herbs.
For more great Sealord recipes click here