All-in-one pasta bolognese
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, peeled and diced|
|500 g||Beef mince, choose lean mince|
|1 cup||Red wine|
|1 can||Chopped tomatoes|
|1 can||Tomato puree, 410ml|
|1 cup||Beef stock, or use water|
|1½ cups||Pasta shapes, such as penne or spirals|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 garnish||Fresh basil|
- Heat a saucepan over a medium heat, add oil and onion and cook for 5-10 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- Add mince and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes to brown.
- Stir in red wine and cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce liquid by half. Add tomatoes, tomato puree and stock or water and bring to the boil.
- Now add the pasta and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent the pasta sticking together until the pasta is cooked and sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with leaves of fresh basil if desired.