Classic Fish Pie with Vegetable Mash Topping
Photo by Kieran Scott
You can't go past a wholesome fish pie on a cooler evening, mash your favourite vegetables on top for a twist on the norm Recipe by Annabelle White
|350 g||Sealord Simply Natural Orange Roughy Fillets, or 425g Sealord Simply Natural Hoki, defrosted and cut into 3cm cubes|
|1 Ltr||Stock, vegetable or fish|
|750 g||Potatoes, diced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, peeled|
|2 cups||Mixed vegetables, of your choice, chopped (1cm) - you can use frozen|
|¼ cup||Fresh parsley|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large pot add stock, potatoes and garlic. Cook till potatoes are soft, drain and reserve cooking liquid.
- Mash the potatoes and garlic; add 2 tablespoons butter and ½ cup of retained stock. Mix till smooth. Whip with a fork.
- Heat the remaining butter in another saucepan and add vegetables. Cook for 3-5 mins for fresh or 1 minute for frozen. Add flour, keep stirring for 1 minute. Add cream and remaining stock and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring until thickened.
- Season to taste, add parsley and stir in fish gently.
- Spoon into a deep pie dish and top with mash and bake for 20 minutes.
• Agria potatoes are great for mash – but you can use whatever you have on hand.
• To defrost Simply Natural fillets place in a sink of cold water for 10-15 minutes.
For more great Sealord recipes click here
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL